Unless otherwise noted, the following events are included with paid admission (FREE for KCM Members) to The Kern County Museum. All events are rain or shine. Programs are subject to change without notice.
First Wednesdays: Dance Nights
- October 4 - Country Dancing Presented by Cianne McGinnis of Studio 9
- November 1 - Zumba Presented by Cody Garcia, Zumba with Cody
Second Wednesdays: Historical Lecture Series
- October 11 - The Photographs of Christian A. Nelson: 1889-1913
- November 8 - Bakersfield's "Map to the Stars" Homes
Third Wednesdays: Artifacts Come to Life Series
- October 18 - The 'Oh Be Joyful' Trip from Bakersfield to Mt. Whitney 1883-1904
- November 15 - World War I: The War to End All Wars
Kids Saturdays - Begins at 1 P.M.
- October 7 - STEAM Day
- October 14 - Skillz Day
- October 21 - STEAM Day
- October 28 - Sugar Skull Decorating
- November 4 - STEAM Day
- November 18 - Skillz Day
- December 16 - A Very Merry Lori Brock Christmas
- October 28 - Walking Tour of the Bakersfield Tenderloin (East of Chester) - 10:00 a.m. Meet-up location will be at The Five & Dime Antique Mall (Woolworth’s Diner), 1400 19th St, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Safe Halloween - October 30 & 31
A Kern County tradition! Guests of all ages are invited to dress in costume and enjoy family-friendly activities, entertainment, food, and more! Tiny terrors (ages 3-18) are given a trick-or-treat bag to fill up on Halloween candy throughout Pioneer Village. This beloved event is a safe way to enjoy the spooky thrills of Halloween.
El Oficial Dia De Los Muertos - Day of the Dead Celebration - November 5
Presented by The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Tons of fun, kids area, altares, food and vendor booths, sugar skull making, live entertainment and more!
Holiday Lamplight Tours - December 9
This holiday event will include Christmas-themed activities and exhibit tours, photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, carriage rides, food vendors, and carolers. At sunset, guests will enjoy a dreamy, candlelit path that guides you through Pioneer Village.